Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Microwave Popcorn

I saw this on a friend's blog a couple of years ago and had to try it right away. Who knew it was so easy (and cheap) to make your own microwave popcorn?

Here's what you'll need:

a lunch size paper bag
1/4 cup of popcorn kernels
a pat of butter or margarine



















Dump the kernels and butter into the bag (I probably only use a Tbsp of butter) and then fold down the top of the bag twice.

























Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes - you might need to adjust the time depending on your microwave.  Once I hear the popcorn slowing down, I turn off the microwave, but leave the popcorn in.  Usually it's hot enough that a few more kernels will pop :)














Now you can season your popcorn and enjoy!  Sometimes we use the butter spray and other times we use butter seasoning - it all depends on your preference.  My grocery store carries a white cheddar seasoning that I'm dying to try!

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Amber said...

No problem - glad you like it :)