Monday, November 8, 2010

Pumpkin Bars

My mom was given this recipe by a neighbor and it is to die for! Definitely a must-have when Fall comes around. It makes a gigantic pan, so it's perfect to share with your neighbors!


Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 2/3 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
2 c. canned pumpkin (not 1 can)
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon



Frosting:

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla (heaping)
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tsp milk, enough for spreading consistency

Directions:

Lightly grease cake roll pan (about 15x9; I use a cookie sheet). Mix first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, add dry ingredients and mix well. Spread in pan and bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes. Let cool.

For frosting, beat all ingredients together until desired consistency is reached, then spread onto pumpkin bars.

These are really delicious when served warm. Enjoy!






2 comments:

Debbie said...

Mmmmm! I think I'll have to make some soon!

Willefam said...

That is soo funny! I just posted the exact same recipe from my mother in law today!! It really is the best!! YUMMY!!