Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chicken with White Barbecue Sauce

This is a recipe that my hubby definitely didn't want to try. I knew he wouldn't want to say anything, but he thought it sounded gross - he's not a huge fan of mayo. I could tell by the way quietly nodded his head and said, "Oh" when I mentioned the recipe. I had a gut feeling about this one though - I knew it was going to be good - so I made it anyway. How else are we going to find new recipes? My ever-patient hubby tried it and may I say, was pleasantly surprised. It's kind of a sweet and tangy flavor and this chicken is never dry. We have a winner!


Ingredients:

2/3 cup mayonnaise (I use light mayo)
6 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup cider vinegar
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts






Directions:

In a small bowl, combine the mayo, sugar, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in lemon juice and vinegar. Pour 1 cup marinade into a Ziploc bag, then add the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better). Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting frequently with reserved marinade.

No comments: