Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summertime Raspberry Salad

I could eat this salad every day for the rest of my life and die happy. Fresh fruit salad, mmmmm.... I paid through the nose for these fresh raspberries! I stood there in the produce section of Sam's, missing my mom's raspberry patch, but mostly my mom. In the end, I was glad I bought the raspberries - even though they were ridiculously overpriced. Can't wait for summertime!


Ingredients:


2 cups torn romaine (I substituted artisan lettuce)
1 small red pear, diced
1/2 cup fresh raspberries or halved strawberries
10 pecan halves, toasted
2 tablespoons dried cranberries or orange-flavored dried cranberries
1/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette


Directions:


Divide romaine between two salad plates. Top with the pear, raspberries, pecans and cranberries. Drizzle with vinaigrette.

2 servings.



*I found this recipe in Taste of Home's Cooking for 2, but it's an easy recipe to increase if you're cooking for more.

2 comments:

CORYNN AND JER said...

oh that sounds delish! raspberries are my favorite.

Debbie said...

Sounds wonderful and very healthy too! Can't wait for my raspberries to come on. Oh, and thanks for missing me, I really miss you too!