Sunday, November 8, 2009

Apricot Glazed Chicken



1 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup apricot preserves
1 1/2 t. soy sauce
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves (5 oz each)
salt
pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil

In a small bowl, combine broth, preserves and soy sauce; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.

In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides; drain excess liquid. Add broth mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove from heat. Spoon pan juices over chicken.


Serves 6

*We just tried this recipe tonight and it was simple and quick to make. The original recipe calls for sliced green onion to be sprinkled over the top of the chicken, but I can't stand green onion, so I left it out. Instead, I had dried apricots on hand and I sliced a few and threw them into the sauce while it was cooking. There is a lot of sauce, so I served it over rice.

*This also came from Taste of Home's Cooking for 2 and I tripled the recipe so that we'd have enough for leftovers. My husband and sister gave it 3 1/2 stars (out of 5). Let me know what you think! :)

No comments: