Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cheesy Pepper Potatoes


I found this recipe in the Wal-mart Family Cookbook and my picture may not look like much - but trust me, it's so yummy!


8 medium baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
8 oz Velveeta, cut into cubes
1/2 cup butter, cut into quarters
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
No-Stick cooking spray


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a large saucepan cook potates, covered, in enough boiling water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain. Quickly mash with a potato masher, adding cheese and butter. Add salt and pepper. Transfer potato mixture to prepared casserole dish and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top.

6 servings


*I cook my potatoes in a pressure cooker - it's just easier and faster. I also mashed my potatoes using my mixer - again, it's just easier. Besides, I like my mashed potatoes creamy rather than lumpy and I inevitably get tired and leave lots of lumps if I try to mash them by hand.

Oddly enough, my husband isn't a big fan of potatoes, but he gave this 4 out of 5 stars! My sister gave it 4 1/2 stars :)

No comments: