Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Abracadabra Hats

I'm a huge fan of Halloween, so the second those cute little holiday recipe magazines hit the stands, I'm buying them up! I found this recipe a few years ago in one called "Halloween Food, Fun and Crafts". Again, this isn't the greatest picture, but I hope you get the idea.

Ingredients

I package (8 oz) crescent dinner rolls
1/2 tsp dried basil
16 pepperoni slices
2 cups pizza or marinara sauce

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Separate dough and place individual pieces on work surface. Gently shape each piece into long triangle. Sprinkle triangles evenly with basil.

Cut pepperoni slices into crescent shapes using a small cookie cutter or knife. Partially roll up bottom of the triangle to create the brim of the hat.

Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, warm pizza sauce in small saucepan over low heat. Serve hats with sauce for dipping.

Serves 8

No comments: