Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Creepy Hands

I thought I'd start off the month with a fun Halloween idea. You'll have to excuse the terrible picture - I took this a couple of years ago and wasn't nearly as good with the camera as I am now ;)

This isn't a new idea, so it's likely that you've seen these before, but I think it's a lot of fun for kids. I made these for Andrew to take to his preschool class on his sharing day and it was a big hit.

All you need is some plastic skeleton hand bags - I always find mine at the dollar store, some candy corn and popcorn. I use a Whirly Pop to make my popcorn; it's easy, fast and makes a ton of popcorn all at once.

First, put the candy corn in each finger (I used 2 per finger) and then put the popcorn in. It's a little tedious, but I found it worked best if I filled the fingers with popcorn individually and then then hand. Tie off the bag with some ribbon or twist ties and you're all done!

No comments: