Monday, January 17, 2011

Herb Pull-Apart Bread

I found this yummy recipe in a Betty Crocker holiday cookbook and finally got around to trying it.


It's quick to put together, but the rising takes some time. I turned my oven on to the lowest setting and once it was heated, turned it off and put the pan in. It helped the dough rise much quicker - but a word of warning: Watch the dough carefully! I put the pan in the oven and forgot all about it until I heard my husband call out, "Um...Amber? What's going on with this bread?" Believe it or not, I took the dough that was spilling over the sides, shoved it right back into the pan and baked it. Say what you will, but I wasn't about to waste all that dough!

I know - this blog should really be called, 'This Chic's Kitchen Adventures', but then I'd have to change my blog header and everything so...it's staying as it is. Despite my lack of bread baking knowledge, this actually turned out quite tasty. I invite you to give it a try :)

Ingredients:

3tablespoons butter or margarine
1teaspoon dried basil leaves
1teaspoon parsley flakes
1/2teaspoon dried thyme leaves
2cloves garlic, finely chopped
24balls frozen white dinner roll dough (from 3-lb package)

Directions:

Spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan (do not use 10-cup) with cooking spray. In 1-quart saucepan, heat all ingredients except roll dough over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.

Place half of the frozen dough balls in pan. Generously brush butter mixture over dough in pan. Layer remaining dough balls in pan. Brush with remaining butter mixture. Cover and let stand in warm place about 4 hours or until double in size.

Heat oven to 350°F. Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped and top is deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; turn upside down onto serving plate.


No comments: