I thought it was time to step it up a bit, which is why I was willing to try this recipe after finding it in Taste of Home. Have I mentioned that it's a favorite magazine of mine?
Anyway, I could tell my hubby was apprehensive and in the end I enjoyed it more than he did, but I think that was due to the fact that this dish includes zucchini and squash - two things he dislikes. Maybe if I used brussel sprouts instead... I know - I can't believe he likes them either. But to each his own!
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned (I actually used frozen roasted peppers - yummy!)
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (I'll be honest - I left that part out)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the pepper, green beans, carrots and onion in oil for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions (discard seasoning packet or save for another use).
Add the remaining ingredients to the vegetable mixture; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain noodles; add to vegetables and toss to coat.