Saturday, September 17, 2011

Roasted Asparagus with Parmigiano-Reggiano



We just tried this recipe tonight and it was so yummy!  I'm always on the lookout for ways to make veggies more exciting - it's so easy to fall into a rut.  I found the recipe in a magazine that Wegmans (a local grocery store) sends out.  They always have fantastic recipes, and you can get them from their website as well.  I borrowed their picture - I was in a rush to get dinner on the table and didn't have time to pull out my camera :)

Ingredients:

1 bunch (about 1 lb) asparagus, trimmed

2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Arrange asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil, rolling to coat.  Roast about 10 minutes, until asparagus is tender.  Remove from oven.  Season generously with salt and pepper; sprinkle evenly with cheese.  Return to oven.  Roast about 5 minutes, until cheese begins to soften and brown.  



*I just had regular Parmesan on hand, but it was still great.  I also had some shredded Asiago cheese, so I sprinkled a little of that on just before serving.

No comments: