Friday, March 12, 2010

Lemon Coffee Cake

I discovered this recipe last summer and I think I made it 3 times in 2 weeks! In my defense though, I had to make some to take to the neighbors - is it really my fault that there were some leftovers? A girl can't let such yummy goodness go to waste!















Ingredients

1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
3/4 cup canola oil
4 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 can lemon pie filling
1 t. ground cinnamon

Directions

In a large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended. Pour half of the batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Spread the pie filling over batter then top with the remaining batter. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

*If it seems like that's a lot of cinnamon and sugar to put on the top, it is. But I like it that way! If you want to cut back, be my guest :)

No comments: